Shares of SolarWindow Technologies Inc (OTCMKTS: WNDW) are active again after an update was released from Chairman Harmel Rayat. Last December, Mr. Rayat gave the company a badly needed $25 million cash infusion. This was a serious bet by Mr. Rayat and one which has paid off handsomely. We said at the time:
a $25 million equity investment could as well be the much-needed spark set to trigger rally back to the top. An investment by an insider also affirms strong belief about the company’s long-term prospects. It thus does not come as a surprise to see investors pushing the stock up the charts.
With the latest update that the company has ordered high-volume manufacturing equipment and is growing its technical and production teams, WNDW is back on trader’s radar screens.
First up, a little background info for those that are now familiar with WNDW.
SolarWindow Technologies, Inc. creates transparent electricity-generating liquid coatings. When applied to glass or plastics, these coatings convert passive windows into electricity-generating windows, which produce power under natural, artificial, low, shaded, and even reflected light conditions.
Targeting the estimated 5.6 million U.S. commercial buildings, which consume almost $150 billion in electricity annually, the company’s transparent electricity-generating windows could reduce energy costs by up to 50% and achieve a one-year financial payback for building owners, the industry’s fastest financial return, according to independently-validated company power and financial modeling.
The key parts from the update are:
Less than 4 months ago, my family office invested almost $25 million into SolarWindow, allowing the company to move forward on its long-held commitment of introducing a brand-new form of electrification – the SolarWindow™ – and turning entire buildings into vertical power generators.
Since making my investment:
- I have traveled across the country multiple times, and even reached out across the globe, to speak with numerous glass professionals, building owners, developers and other industry participants, many of whom are eager for our commercial launch;
- Mr. Bob Levine joined the Board of SolarWindow. Bob is my long-time friend, mentor, and the co-founder of the one of the fastest growing real estate companies in the world;
- I toured our nearly 100,000 square foot manufacturing-partner plant and left impressed by the depth of glass production know-how and decades of experience we enjoy through this partnership;
- The Board of Directors approved 7-figure purchase orders in February for specialized high-output manufacturing equipment, selected after exhaustive testing, design, performance evaluations, and engineering; and
- Only weeks ago, we hired additional key team members and retained advisors to grow our production team, and are adding even more by year-end.
Currently trading with a market cap of $168 million, WNDW is one of the most exciting small caps trading on the OTC Markets. The biggest overhang on the company has been concerns about its ability to commercialize its SolarWindows. With the $25 million cash infusion and the latest updates, it’s a sign that the company is closer than ever before. With a 1-year payback and the ability to reduce electricity costs by over 50%, one gets a clearer picture of the true potential of SolarWindow Technologies. It certainly has caught our attention and we suggest it captures yours as well.
We will be updating our subscribers as soon as we know more. For the latest updates on WNDW, sign up below!
Disclosure: We have no position in WNDW and have not been compensated for this article.